How can you improve collections and reduce risk? Your patients come to see you to improve their health and prevent disease. You can protect your practice the same way! Assessment of coding and reimbursement optimization for your practice follows the same principals you follow in caring for your patients.
Many physicians, mid-level providers, practice managers, administrators, billers and front desk staff members have questions about coding. Providing ongoing training in your office makes sense. Your physicians, and your staff, do not have the time to attend a complete coding course, encompassing many areas that do not pertain to your practice. Customized coding sessions are beneficial, and bring immediate relief to your practice's "symptoms."
The Coding, Billing, and Consulting specialists Nancy and Mike Enos will follow these familiar key steps in assessing your practice:
- History: observation of office workflow, practitioner charting, charge capture process. Review of the billing system reports.
- Exam: Chart audit of 10-20 charts per provider to compare actual codes being billed to the supporting documentation. Review of appropriate code level, and verification that all possible charges are being captured for services provided.
- Decision Making: Provider and Staff education. A one, two, or three hour educational seminar focused on your coding challenges, based on the findings of the assessment audit.
Contact Mike Enos, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC for a proposal to review your coding and training needs.
A customized package may include:
- Coding Assessment
- Billing Office Benchmarking and Denial Review
- Chart Audits
- Provider Education (One-to-One or Group seminar)
- Follow up audit to monitor improvement
- Outsourced Coding
- New Provider Training
- New Staff Training
- CPC Certification Course - ask about an upcoming class in your area